en: Imam Nawawi on Tawassul

nur.nu

en: Imam Nawawi on Tawassul

Post by nur.nu »

Imam Nawawi on Tawassul:

النووي في المجموع شرح المهذب (كتاب الحج): ثم يرجع إلى موقفه الأول قبالة وجه رسول الله صلى اله عليه وسلم ويتوسل به في حق نفسه، ويستشفع به إلى ربه سبحانه وتعالى

[The pilgrim] should then face the shrine of the Messenger of Allah (s) , make him an intermediary [to Allah], and intercede through him to Allah... (Majmu' Sharh Al-Madhhab – Kitab Al-Hajj)

Imam Nawawi recommends to act upon the hadith Imam Al-Utabi, i.e. to do istighatha at the grave of the Prophet (s)

Imam Nawawi [ra] has mentioned that from among the etiquettes of visiting the grave of Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] one should make Tawassul through Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam] to Allah Ta'ala to accept his Du'aas.

Thereafter, Imam al-Nawawi states:

'...and one of the best things that one should do is what has been related by Allaamah al-Mawardi [ra], al-Qaadhi Abu Teeb [ra] and all our Ulama and they have all regarded it as commendable, and that is the incident of Imaam al-Utabi [ra] that he said,

'I was once seated by the grave of Rasulullah [sallallaahu alayhi wasallam], when a Bedouin came and said, 'Peace be upon you, oh, Messenger of Allah. O Messenger of Allah, I have heard Almighty Allah say in the Qur'aan "And if they, when they had been unjust to themselves, had come to you (Muhammad Sallallahu alayhi wasallam) and begged Allah's forgiveness and the messenger had begged forgiveness for them, indeed they would have found Allah All-Forgiving. Most merciful.(Al-Nisaa:64) hence, I have come to you in a state that I seek forgiveness of my sins by seeking your intercession by my Lord', thereafter he recited a few couplets and departed.

Ref's:
- Al-Majmoo vol.8 pg.456 - Cairo
- Manaasikul-Imaam-Al-Nawawi pg.498-499 Maktabah Salafia

For more ref's see viewtopic.php?p=5290#p5290

Return to “Tawassul | Om medling”